Thursday 31 January 2008

Interesting things...

I finally have free time so I am going to write some things that I have found interesting and exciting recently. Dave texted me this verse last week and i think its really key to living life well:

And yet,
"Better to have one handful with quietness than two handfuls with hard work and chasing the wind".

For some reason it took me a while to get it, but if you look at handfuls as a sort of measurement, I guess you could change it to 'better to have one hour of quietness than two hours of hard work...'. I guess it really spoke to me because I hardly get any quietness. I am too busy, and when I am free I fill up my free time. I am not good at sitting in quietness. I don't really like stillness. I find it awkward. But it looks like I'm going to have to change that somehow.

Then I decided that I would read the book so that I would understand it more. Just a bit later on it says:

'A person standing alone can be attacked and defeated, but two can stand back to back and conquer. Three are even better, for a chord of three strands is not easily broken.'

I LOVE that cos it is so true. I have had times in life where I have been surrounded in Christians in everything I have done and it was amazing. You could support each other and when one person is struggling with something you can totally help each other. Now at uni, I am not surrounded by other Christians and it is SO much harder. Thankfully I have some amazing Christian friends around me outside of uni. God made us to live together, and I really don't think He wants anyone to stand alone. Two people can conquer!

Anyway, I have more stuff I am excited about at the moment, but i have a parcel to collect so I will have to keep it to myself for now! I challenge you to sit in quietness...

No comments: